[Yr11 Information Technology] Outcome 2

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Wed May 14 13:23:46 EST 2008

Has anyone looked into running co-word or co-powerpoint
(http://cooffice.ntu.edu.sg/coword/) for this task?

(I'm not teaching Unit 1/2 this year, but thought I put the possibility
'out there')

________________________________

From: yr11it-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:yr11it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Colin SUTTON
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:52 AM
To: yr11it at edulists.com.au
Subject: [Yr11 Information Technology] Outcome 2

Hi all

If like me you're running out of time for O3 here's a quick intro to the
task.

You could subsitute your 'own' favourite Mindmap or Collaborative site.

These two are VERY easy (and reliable!)

I gave it to my students in a double (they had about 45 minutes after
the intro ppt.

They got into it quite well!

I made the rule (we drew groups out of a hat - they choose their
partner) that the issue they choose could NOT be done by them in the
REAL Outcome.

I also said they could use PPT - but must use Dreamweaver in the REAL
task.

They have no more classes before Monday (we have a PD Friday)  - so they
will HAVE to work collaboratively!

I hope you will find this useful.

http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association Inc