[Yr11 Information Technology] Programming task

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 8 07:25:28 EST 2008

Perhaps showing my ignorance here ... But this is just a one-line
calculation, isn't it?  Admittedly a useful one to know and do, but is
there any more to it?

-----Original Message-----
From: yr11it-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:yr11it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Mark Kelly
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:37 AM
To: Year 11 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Yr11 Information Technology] Programming task

An interesting and educational programming challenge for your kids would
be to write a program to convert from (K)bits per second to megabytes
per hour. e.g. you're downloading a torrent at 500 Kbps, how much will
be downloaded in an hour?

The algorithm is fun, and the unit conversions are handy to know.

Cheers
Mark

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia Direct line / Voicemail:
8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

Webmaster - http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au IT Lecture notes:
http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

1. Education is an admirable thing, but remember that nothing that is
worth knowing can be taught - Oscar Wilde 2. I make trouble.  You want