[Yr11 Information Technology] U1O3 - ICT issues

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 25 15:00:40 EST 2007

Hi Mark and colleagues

Here is my interpretation of the meaning of the statement 'the teams'
strategies for encouraging individuals to influence how ICT is applied
in particular situations'. (last sentence on page 15 and last key
knowledge point on page 16 of the study design)

I believe that your hunch is correct. The statement is meant to get
students to think about how they can use their information product
(technology) to foster/support their ideas about the contemporary issue
they are exploring. Here are some examples that I think are appropriate.
For example:

*          students could create a form letter that can be downloaded
for the purposes of individuals lobbying an organisation/politician to
express a viewpoint about the issue they are exploring such as privacy
and smartcards

*          a discussion forum (or prototype) could be included to
illicit comments/feedback about the contemporary issue being discussed
in their website

*          an online survey (such as monkey survey)could be included to
gather data about the contemporary issue being discussed. The data could
then be compiled and used to lobby relevant authorities/agencies

*          an email response option can be included to encourage
feedback from readers about the particular application of ICT.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paula

Paula Christophersen