[Yr11 Information Technology] U1O3 - ICT issues

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 25 14:42:31 EST 2007

Good question.  The study design mandates collaborative work...  maybe
your student could bring his/her mum in?  Cloning?

Get him/her to create a mythical virtual team with 3 members and for the
project management bit he/she could assign tasks to virtual people and
actually do it all him/herself?

fiona bain wrote:
> My problem, how do I deal with this withone student in the class
>

>> Howdy, pardners.  Attached is my stab at U1O3. And on that subject...
>>
>> I am a little unclear what the study design means by (p.15) "the team's
>> strategies for encouraging individuals to influence how ICT is applied
>> in particular situations."
>>
>> I read it to mean that the team should suggest ways of encouraging other
>> people to do something about the issue...
>>
>> e.g. "TV ads could be made to persuade companies not to misuse
>> customers' personal information"
>>
>> I reckon it would be more useful for the team to simply suggest what
>> people could do about the issue...
>>
>> e.g. "The annual turnover limit to make a private company subject to the
>> Privacy Act should be lowered from $3m to $1m."
>>
>> A fussy point, I know, but the study design's lack of clarity is bugging
>> me.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Kelly
Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

"My mother used to say to me,
'In this world you must be O so smart or O so pleasant.'
I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me."  Harvey, 1950.