[Yr11 Information Technology] Student workshops at Swinburne

Lisa Germany lgermany at swin.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 08:59:15 EST 2007

Dear all -

Apologies for the cross posting.  Swinburne University of Technology is
hosting an all-day event for Year 10 and 11 students interested in ICT
and Engineering.  The program consists of four main sessions:

"GR8 Expectations - Changing the world with telecommunications" looks at
the history of telecommunications from Morse Code to 4G.

"An Inconvenient Network - Sustaining the Internet" unveils the hidden
costs associated with the internet and how we can make the
telecommunications process more sustainable.

"VOIP & Online Games Workshop" where student participate in hands-on
activities in our labs.

"World Of Intelligent Robots" gives students an appreciation of robotics
and mechatronics by allowing them to program and operate model robots.

The following website contains more information about the program and
the online registration form. Places are limited so I would encourage
you to register your students early.

Student Workshops (Year 10 and 11)
http://www.swin.edu.au/corporate/marketing/edprograms/info.php?ID=66