[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 1 Outcome 2 clarification

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 20 08:18:30 EST 2007

It does sound a bit basic.

I suppose if kids can identify input devices (e.g. keyboard and barcode
reader) and how they can provide input to the database and that the DBMS
and OS work together to send data to be stored on a HDD then they've
satisfied the key skill.

Yes - that key skill does sound a little odd sitting amongst all the
other database-specific skills.

Kim Hewlett wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m just wondering if someone can explain what is required from the
> following statement which is one of the requirements for Outcome 2:
>

> “explains how the software and hardware components interact to enable
> the input of and storage of data”
>

> Regards,
>

> /*/Kim Hewlett/*/**
>
> /Technology Coordinator/
>
> /Wheelers// Hill Secondary College///
>
> /Raphael Drive//, Wheelers Hill VIC 3150/
>
> /Email:hw at whsc.vic.edu.au/
>
> /Tel: 9561 5811/

> Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
> Teachers Association Inc

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.