[Yr11 Information Technology] Programming Awards 2006: PD Registrations

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue Jun 6 10:18:56 EST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:51:42AM +1000, gavin at vitta.org.au wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to clarify (may have been some confusion): entries for the
> Programming Excellence Awards are still open until September 8, 2006.
> Students who are registered by their teacher at the site before the end of
> term will receive FREE copies of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 sent to
> their school.

FREE, huh? Get 'em while they're young, milk money from them later on?

 http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/23/microsoft.china.idg/

 "Although about three million computers get sold every year in China,
 people don't pay for the software," Gates reportedly said. "Someday they
 will, though. And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to
 steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure
 out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

It's great to see the Victorian Department of Education helping this
process along ;-) Well done guys.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)