[Yr11 Information Technology] VITTA PD / Resources and a thank-you!

Adrian Janson jansona at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 6 16:32:09 EST 2006

Hi all (and apologies for the cross posts),

First of all, I wanted to let you all you that VITTA is planning a number of
PD events to take place in Term 1 next year - that will help support middle
school IT as well as the implementation of the new IT study design.  In
particular, we will be running PD sessions on:

VB.Net programming (all levels - beginner, intermediate and advanced, with
reference to the Unit 2 programming folio outcome and the mobile device
requirement of Software Development Outcome 2)

PHP programming (again, all levels, and with reference to the VCE outcomes),

IT Study design specific sessions (introducing all of the units, sample
timelines, approaches, resources)

I have already mentioned our VCE IT study design curriculum resource CD, but
we also have the VB.Net resource kit and will be releasing an exciting new
product created by Kevork Krozian based on PHP during Term 1!  In addition
to these resources (and the others that are available via the VITTA web
site), we have many other exciting initiatives to announce in 2007 (but you
will have to wait for those!)

In particular, what I would like feedback on is - what PD would you like us
to offer?  Or what resources do you feel would be good ones to have (that
perhaps are not out there already)?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

I would also like to thank Kevork Krozian personally (and on behalf of
VITTA) for providing the Edulists - they certainly are an essential resource
to IT teachers in Victoria, as well as attracting patronage from other
states and internationally.  Thank-you also to those that post their own
work to the lists for others to use / learn from / adapt!  I would also like
to encourage those who haven't posted anything before to give it a go!

All the best - and have a great Christmas break!

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT

Melbourne High School