[Yr11 Information Technology] Notice of Term 2 PCEDUG Meeting - ALL WELCOME

Missen, Stephen J Missen.Stephen.J at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Apr 11 16:06:12 EST 2006

Dear ALL (apologies for any cross posts)
The Term 2 meeting of the PC Education User Group of Victoria for 2006 will be held on Thursday 4th May at VERMONT SECONDARY COLLEGE commencing at 4:15pm with light refreshments (formal part of meeting to start at 4:30pm). Our host will be Donald HEW (Learning Technologies Co-ordinator) and our guest speaker is Mr Damian Perrone (Senior Consultant for OBS, currently contracted as Consultant for EduMail & EduInfrastructure to Department of Education & Training).

Agenda

1.
	Clarky's update on 'The World of IT'
2.
	Guest Speaker - Damian Perrone - EduMail (behind the scenes, what makes it work - people/hardware/software)
	                                                   EduInfrastrucure (behind the scenes - Web Farms / ISA 2004 / WSUS & other technologies)
	                                                   What's on the radar for DE&T (Instant Messaging, ISA 2006 and extending the network to schools
	                                                   DE&T Product Roadmap (sneak peak at what's down the track and what's on the radar)

Venue: Vermont Secondary College (use Melways Map 63 Ref A4)
            Morack Road
            VERMONT 3133

Phone: (03) 9873 1077 (Donald HEW)

Directions: See attached map.

There is car parking at the southern end of the school within the school grounds.

There will be opportunity for further discussion and planning of future PCEDUG meetings after the formal part of the meeting is over and, for those that would like to, we will move on to a local restaurant/bistro (Wantirma Hotel  715 Boronia Road WANTIRNA) from around 6:45pm onwards for our usual bite to eat and whatever.

Please advise if you are intending to come via email to missen.stephen.j at edumail.vic.gov.au <mailto:missen.stephen.j at edumail.vic.gov.au>  by Tuesday 2nd May so that we can provide for refreshments at the meeting accordingly.

Thanks to Damian PERRONE, Donald HEW, Ian CLARK and  Roland GESTHUIZEN for contributing to the organisation of  this particular afternoon/evening.

ALL welcome.

Cheers

Steve MISSEN (PCEDUG meeting convener)
ICT Manager