[Yr11 Information Technology] Join us in a flash animation project, which takes students on a fantasy tour of a country under the Uralian Occupation

Stephenson, David J stephenson.david.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Oct 25 12:09:50 EST 2005

________________________________

From: Stephenson, David J
Sent: Tue 25-October-2005 9:49 AM
To: Stephenson, David J
Subject: Join us in a flash animation project, which takes students on a fantasy tour of a country under the Uralian Occupation

Question. What has Flash MX and reconciliation have in common?

Have you done some flash mx animations with your class?

Are you looking for a project, which requires your students to:

            plan a story line,

            download characters,

            add voice and sound and text,

            use their imaginations ?

Then this may be just what you are looking for.

Australia has been invaded by Uralians, its covered in SlimyUngus and strange creatures which 'cut like spam and taste like steak'.

Join us in a flash animation project, which takes students on a fantasy tour of a country under the Uralian Occupation and encourages them to reflect on its past.

I want to know more about this story?  http://www.ganma.net.au/Animation/

I want to meet a Uralian. http://www.ganma.net.au/animation/Library.asp (see Uero's speech)

Show me a sample animation.  http://www.ganma.net.au/animation/Notes.asp

Where can I download the characters?  http://www.ganma.net.au/animation/Library.asp

Note: this is an activity, which encourages and values participation. Clever stories and simple animations are often more affective than fancy/expensive productions.

Participation is open to all students AND TEACHERS !!!!!

So, if your feeling brave, you can take on your students...... or use this as an opportunity to learn flash with the view to letting your students have a go in 2006 term 1.

This is a global classroom project.

I don't want to start up the debate about students learning ICT skills while doing history but.... maybe we can turn this all on its head and show them that students can learn history while doing Info Tech.

Important -