[vet-mm] Help with the Creative Arts Industry

Holland, John JHolland at tintern.vic.edu.au
Mon Jun 4 03:02:09 EDT 2018

Hi Jamie

I looked at this with my Year 11s last week and showed them the Fair Work web site: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ and then a list of all the awards https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/awards/list-of-awards

Followed by specifically looking at the: Graphic Arts, Printing and Publishing Award 2010 (http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000026)

The award itself is very long and detailed and after discussing the sorts of conditions that are outlined in an award, I ask them to scroll through and select six key points (e.g. hours of work, leave entitlements, etc) and document those.

Hope this helps.

Regards, John
John Holland
Head of ICT, Timetabler

Tintern Grammar
90 Alexandra Road, Ringwood East VIC 3135