[vet-mm] Free Adobe Online Courses

Michelle Dennis mdennis at mentonegirls.vic.edu.au
Fri May 13 14:27:59 AEST 2016

Dear all,

I know I've mentioned this in the past, but I truly believe that the Adobe Edex courses are the best free PD I've ever done.

Adobe offers teachers free online courses with a blend of live classes (which you can watch recordings of) and weekly exercises.  They include speakers from industry as well as practical skills and, upon successful competition of the course, you are awarded a certificate demonstrating 25 Hours of PD.  (Perfect both for the VIT and for the VET Trainee Skills Matrix.)

The following courses are open now:

Motion Design<https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/agpmotiondesign16>

An advanced level course for educators wanting to develop their skills with animated graphics.  Great for those of you who are looking at moving into After Effects.  The course has already opened, with enrollments closing on May 24.

Adobe Train the Trainer <https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/t4t-summer-2016->

Adobe Education Train the Trainer is a free, eight-week online course designed to equip K12 - Higher Ed education trainers worldwide with the knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully design and deliver effective, engaging professional development.  Participants who successfully complete the course will earn an "Adobe Education Trainer" credential and be endorsed by Adobe as a leader in the education technology training space.  Course begins June 21st, but you can sign up now.

UX to UI Design<https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/UX2UI>

User Experience design is one of the fastest growing design sectors and it encompasses a number of different skill sets which actually has little to do with traditional graphic design, but relies heavily on an understanding of users needs, identifying goals and creating basic outlines of designs.  I'm pondering making my students sign up to do this course in preparation for the Web unit.  Already opened, enrollments closing on  June 1.

Animation<https://edex.adobe.com/pd/course/animation-2016>

This is a beginners level course - perfect for getting some great ideas about how to introduce animation concepts.  I completed this last year and found it to be great fun.  It's now updated to include Adobe Animate CC, providing an introduction into the newly released Flash replacement.  Course opens on 26 September, but you can sign up now.

If you do sign up, either follow me <https://edex.adobe.com/member/a25c70> or let me know so I can follow you - it would be great to build a community of IDM teachers on the site.

Michelle Dennis
eLearning Manager and ICT Teacher
Mentone Girls' Grammar School
11 Mentone Parade, Mentone VIC 3194
Tel:  (+61 3) 9581 1200 Fax: (+61 3) 9581 1299
www.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au<http://www.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mentone-Girls-Grammar-School/13312255953> Twitter<https://twitter.com/mentonegirlsgs/> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2700148/>
<http://www.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au/>

[1455756001872_discoer.jpg]

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this message are those of the author and not necessarily those of Mentone Girls' Grammar School.

<https://webmail.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=3a855f5906354125a871bb8746260473&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au%2f>