[vet-mm] VITTA Student Conference - My Direction Aug 25 RMIT

Paul Wright paulw at vitta.org.au
Thu Jun 27 16:20:38 EST 2013

VITTA Student Conference

My Direction: VITTA Student Conference for students and their parents

Who should attend?
<http://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/my-direction-vitta-student-conference>
My Direction: Student Conference is for students preparing for exams in IT
Apps, SD, VET IT or IDM and to promote ICT learning and career possibilities
for students in Year 12, down to Year 9.

Why now? For many students this is timely as they will be making career
decisions in term 3 and term 4. This activity falls neatly between Tertiary
Open Days and Change of Preference for students.

Content: Students will learn about courses of study, prerequisites and
possible directions for study from an upper secondary, tertiary and industry
perspective.

What's on the Program?

-          Panel - Where are the signs pointing?

-          VCE Exam Preparation (IT  Applications, Software Development, VET
IT, VET Interactive Digital Media)

-          Joining the Conversation

-          Speed Dating with Providers

When: Sunday, August 25, 9:00 am until 1:30 pm

Where: RMIT Academic Building, Building 80, 445 Swanston St, Melbourne

Cost: The cost for entry is $49.

Free entry for teachers: Any teacher accompanying six or more students will
have free entry.
For teachers who have organised a group of six or more students, please
contact the VITTA office to complete your free registration.

Registration:
http://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/my-direction-vitta-student-conference

Please promote
<http://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/my-direction-vitta-student-conference>
My Direction: Student Conference as widely as possible throughout your
school and the wider community. We would greatly appreciate it you could
forward this email to other IT teachers and to your Careers Advisor.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul

---------------------------
Paul Wright
VITTA - Project Office
T: +61 3 9495 6836
F: +61 3 9495 6834
E: paulw at vitta.org.au
W: www.vitta.org.au
Suite 209, 134-136 Cambridge St,
Collingwood, VIC, 3066, Australia
VITTA ~ supporting ICT Educators anywhere, any time

Professional Learning
<http://www.vitta.org.au/events/category/training-events>