[vet-mm] Year 12 Exam Revision Lecture

claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 21 12:57:42 EST 2013

Hi Folks,

Attached are some details to assist you and your students in participating
in the online exam revision lecture. The web conference room is not
available until 3.30 on Oct 10th, but you can try out the system and ensure
you can access it, that your headphones work etc etc. by going to the Test
Room.
(http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/support/Pages/vccstart.aspx
)

The link to access the conference on the 10/10 is on the attached document,
so hang onto it. As a reminder, I will also distribute the link  via the
list on the day.

Although most people can join the web conference without hassles, we have
had a few people with difficulties accessing the system.

We can't troubleshoot individual problems, but by all means ask questions
via this list. The best thing is to test it out as soon as possible, and,
follow up issues with your school tech support.

Joining the session from school should be easier for your students. The
DEECD provides this resource free for all schools, so please take some time
to check it out and follow up issues with your network admin and support.

We occasionally have students who misbehave online. Test Blackboard out with
your class, so they can get over the "excitement" of chatting online
(shouldn't be such a big deal, but it always is!)

Also warn them that the session moderators will kick them out if they behave
inappropriately. Basically all they can do is text chat, but some kids can't
resist getting off track, which can be really distracting to the presenters.
When kids log on, they should use their first name only (not anonymous
nicknames) and include their school eg Claire-Warrandyte HS.

For those who can't participate in the live conference, there will be a
recording.

Hope this information is useful,

Regards

Claire Bloom