[vet-mm] Industry Roles

claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Sun Oct 14 20:31:54 EST 2012

Hi Craig,
I'm not sure there is any one definite model, roles and titles can vary from
workplace to workplace.
And when you consider the VCAA Industry Advice document, perhaps the
Training Package does not reflect the whole picture?:
"Perhaps the most salient observation about the Interactive Digital Media
(IDM) industry is that it is always undergoing change. This includes the
services that it provides, the technologies and software systems that it
uses and the organisational structures of the businesses involved...

. size of industry: Approximately 900 businesses
. size of businesses: 75% had two or less full-time employees
. office types: 58% have a home office ...

The trend towards small and dynamic core project teams has continued, with
businesses engaging two to five core full-time staff and sub-contracting to
a pool of individual freelancers for components of work as required by
specific projects. This means that in many cases, freelancers work for a
number of IDM businesses, and may not have direct contact with IDM clients"

Having said that, this is a useful site on jobs in an animation studio -
http://toolboxes.flexiblelearning.net.au/demosites/series4/405/lightbox.htm
Cheers
Claire