[vet-mm] VETIDM Multimedia Resources WIki - UPDATE - from the Administrator of Edulists

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sun May 8 20:57:57 EST 2011

Dear Stuart,

a commercial organisation and are you a teacher ?

  I am concerned about your advertising on Edulists to recruit members to
build another community without discussion with the owner/manager/moderator
of Edulists.
 I did try to communicate with you earlier and offered a Wiki on Edulists
for precisely the purpose you have mentioned in your announcements on
Edulists and did not get a reply. There is also scope for anyone ,
subscriber at Edulists or otherwise, to post a resource on Edulists through
an upload page if the Wiki is not what they require.
  I have no problem with anyone creating any community of their choice. The
issue is one where there is potential to dilute the strength of one
community by splitting it. In addition the Edulists community is sponsored
by the Interactive Media teachers' association PixelEd, as well as the VCAA
as each message signature attests.

 I have no problem with your efforts to build a community. I do have a
problem with recruiting in this community.

If you do have a resource set that you wish to announce to teachers here,
that is fine and there are precedents for this such as Mark Kelly's
vceit.com or Rupert Russell's resources but they have not recruited
subscribers in this community to direct their energies elsewhere. If you
have a website you wish to make available please let us know. You can
advertise it freely.

 I neither have a monopoly on knowledge nor on communities. However,
Edulists is a community that I run from a server that I manage and the fact
it works so well ( or so I hope ) is not an accident but due to a fair deal
of effort.  Why not post resources here ?

 I have had no success writing to you privately and this is your second post
attempting to recruit to create an alternate community. It is this conflict
of interest that has precipitated my message to you.
  Since you now have 20 members (which I assume were due to efforts to
recruit here ) please write to them directly rather than continue to
advertise on Edulists.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator Administrator