[vet-mm] 3in6/1in6 is now in May

Tim Kitchen tkitchen at strathcona.vic.edu.au
Sun Mar 27 17:47:17 EST 2011

Hi folks

Due to bringing forward the VITTA conference to August, we have moved the
3in6 date to Thursday 12th May (Term 2, Week 3).

This date is well away from senior assessment and reporting periods, which
has been a criticism of 3in6 in the past and the main reason why Year 12
students have found it very difficult to be involved.

If you look at the 3in6 website (www.3in6.vitta.org.au), you will notice
that we have changed the competition this year and incorporated 3in6 with
1in6. They are now the same competition with the same rules, the only
difference is that each team needs to decide if they are producing a 3
minute short film or a 1 minute short animation within 6 hours on the 12th
May.

The other change this year is that schools will be allowed to enter more
than one team per age group category if they wish.

With only 5 school weeks to go, make sure you chat to your students and
register your teams via the website ASAP.

Let you teacher networks know about the change to help generate greater
interest in what is always a fabulous educational challenge each year.

Regards

Dr Tim Kitchen
(Coordinator of 3in6/1in6)

--