[vet-mm] VET IDM Industry Dinner

c bloom rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 7 11:57:40 EST 2011

Just a reminder to all about our Industry Dinner on August 29th.

Go to www.pixeled.org.au to book! (details below)

Also available from our site are new, free resources for pixelEd members.

The 2010 practice exam is available for purchase and a 2011 exam will be
available soon.

We are also finalising a package of tasks for Year 1 of the course.details
will be poste here and there will be a sneak preview at the Industry Dinner.

Cheers

Claire Bloom

Meet Industry Dinner

Thursday August 25th

6.00 for 6.30 start

DiMattinas Restaurant

306 Lygon St. Carlton

*A chance to network with teachers of Interactive Digital Media, ICT and
Media

*Plenty of time to chat with and ask questions of our guest speakers

*Information on new technology and careers in Interactive Digital Media and
ICT

*An easy way to assist VET teachers to keep their industry knowledge
up-to-date (as required by AQTF)

Guest Speakers:

Luke Deylan

Luke is a former VET Multimedia student, who recently graduated with a
Bachelor of Multimedia (Business Marketing). He currently works for a
digital advertising agency as a flash developer. Luke has worked on briefs
for a number of large companies including Honda, NAB and BMW. He will share
his experiences as a young graduate entering the Multimedia Industry. Luke's
experiences and advice will be invaluable to us as Multimedia teachers, and
well worth passing onto our students.

Chris Rickard

Chris is a programmer working with a team of developers creating interesting
websites, and iPhone apps. He has worked in Vancouver on developing a
virtual reality, social network. Amongst other things, Chris is developing
an App which will be an online organizing tool for people who makes films.
Chris is passionate about his work and keen to share his knowledge with us.
We are really excited to have Chris speak to us as he is at the cutting edge
of mobile technology.

Cost: 3 course meal with coffee (drinks extra)

PixelEd Members -$75, (note this is the same price as last year!) Others
-$95

(why not join PixelEd when you register and take advantage of the member
discount?)