[vet-mm] A message regarding PixelEd

claire b rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 1 15:10:50 EST 2011

Over the holidays, current financial members of PixelEd were advised that
our association had made a major administrative change.

For the last two years, we have been operating in association with VITTA.
The support of the VITTA executive and admin staff, in particular, has been
invaluable.

However, earlier this year, the PixelEd Committee decided it is now time for
us to strike out on our own, and to develop our independent identity as a
teacher organisation.

We have been working to implement this for the last six months and I can now
formally announce that our new internet portal is up and running.

Although we will no longer be formally aligned with VITTA, we aim to
continue to work with them on matters of mutual benefit.

We would like to sincerely thank VITTA for all their support and assistance.

Our website has been modified (see http://www.pixeled.org.au )

We'd like to encourage VET IDM and Multimedia teachers, in general, to visit
the site and consider joining our organisation.

Membership is $100 for individuals or $150 for schools.

This will give you access to our revamped Members Only Resource area and
discounts on upcoming PD events and resources.

These include:

§  Our annual Industry Dinner - Thursday August 25th...put it in your
diary!!!

§  Task Kit for Unit 1-2 IDM (at least 2 tasks for each Year 1 unit,
including electives)

§  2011 Practice Exam

§  and more!

Of course, we will continue to support this mailing list as our main form of
communication, but members can expect individual emails regarding PixelEd
events and resources.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or
comments.

Regards

Claire Bloom

President