[vet-mm] Fantastic Keynotes at the VITTA Conference and FREE Bus Tour

VITTA Professional Development pd at vitta.org.au
Thu Nov 4 10:47:47 EST 2010

Hi All,

Just letting you know about the fabulous keynote speakers at the VITTA Conference on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th November. On the Monday we have Larry Nelson who focuses on helping to fulfill the promise of technology in Primary/Secondary education. He leads Microsoft's Worldwide Primary/Secondary Education strategy within its Public Sector Business unit. Nelson also served as acting Executive Director of the Global Education & Learning Community (GELC, which is now known as Curriki) a community of educators, learners and committed education experts who are working together to create quality materials that will benefit teachers and students around the world. Curriki is an online environment created to support the development and free distribution of world-class educational materials to anyone who needs them.

On Tuesday we have Tim Costello who is speaking about Leadership in a Global Village. Tim Costello is recognised as one of Australia’s leading voices on social justice issues, having spearheaded public debates on gambling, urban poverty, homelessness, reconciliation and substance abuse. Since February 2004, as Chief Executive of World Vision Australia, Tim has also been instrumental in ensuring that the issues surrounding global poverty are placed on the national agenda. His keynote on Leadership is part of the Leadership strand that is also happening throughout Tuesday program.

There are also afternoon keynotes happening with Craig Welsh from Animal Logic on Monday and Adam Brice on Tuesday.

Craig is the Lighting and Effect Supervisor for Animal Logic. He has been working in the field of visual effects for over 15 years. He joined Animal Logic as a Senior Lighter in 2003 and is now the company’s Lighting & Effects Supervisor, driving the final look of commercials, visual effects projects and animated features for the company.

Adam is an Assistant Principal at Ringwood North PS in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. He has developed a number of engaging programs that provide students with real life learning opportunities, while improving results and positively impacting upon the school community. He has established a wide range of projects, from the iSchool.net.au podcast site through to ''Movie Magic', a program that won the Victorian Department of Education's Excellence Award for Most Innovative Curriculum in 2006.

More info about the Conference on http://www.vitta.org.au/conferenceinfo/

FREE Bus Tour on Wednesday December 1
An opportunity for our metropolitan and regional colleagues to participate in an ICT Bus Tour event with a networking lunch and a chance to get a behind the scenes look at many aspects of ICT in our society.

This is a full day FREE event with a sponsored lunch and refreshments. This professional learning provides an insight into the exciting ways in which ICT is shaping our contemporary world and is relevant for primary and secondary teachers. Venues are ICT @ NEC - The Different Facets of IT, Mulgrave, Innovations @ Melbourne Uni, Parkville and Technology in Sports, at the Sport Museum.