[vet-mm] Elluminate and Macs

crb rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 10 10:34:05 EST 2010

Having followed up on problems mentioned, I just wanted to pass on info from
DEECD regarding Macs and web conferencing software - Elluminate.

Proxy issues and Elluminate on Macs - I am extremely happy and relieved to
reassure you all that neither Netspace nor Edupass is blocking Elluminate.
This issue was resolved at the end of 2009 in a collaborative effort between
DEECD IT department and the lead developers of Elluminate Inc. It would be a
great support if you guys could help to dispel any myths that the Vicsmart
firewalls or proxies are preventing access to Elluminate. All connection
issues should be resolved by following the tutorials that have been created
and published on the Support page. If not, it means it is not a connection
issue but a Java issue, in which case you should follow the Java tutorials
on the support page. Or if this fails, uninstall Java completely and
reinstall the latest version.

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/researchinnovation/virtualconferencecentre/s
upport.htm

Others successfully using Macs have sent me some suggestions and things you
can try to get it working, please let me know if you (or your techs) would
like this information.

Claire Bloom