[vet-mm] This came from ATOM

Ana Tuckerman atuckerman at elthamcollege.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 26 13:36:44 EST 2010

This came from ATOM today and thought that it might be interesting for Multimedia teachers too.

Evening Lecture Series #1 (formally Pub Night)

Our super special guest presenter is Darcy Prendergast

>From his humble beginnings drawing on the living room walls, to making clay body parts to entertain mates in art class, Darcy Prendergast’s skills have grown enormously. Practically raised by stop motion cartoons, Darcy mixes a gritty animated style with a twisted sense of humour to form a juggernaut of entertainment and controversy. Being one of Melbourne's most exciting young directors, he continues to travel the globe in some of the world’s largest film festivals. Now running his own clay animation business ‘Dee Pee Studios’ in Melbourne, Darcy continues to push the boundaries of Clay Animation to unnerving new heights… We still haven’t figured out if that’s a good thing.
Darcy was a lead sculptor, assistant animator and model maker on 'Mary and Max', Lectures at RMIT BAIM, 2 time Annecy selected director, Nescafe Big Break winner, Animation director of several short films.

Come to the Swan Hotel for a great opportunity to network with like-minded media teachers, put faces to the names you constantly see on the list serve and hear a great speaker.
Come and hear Darcy talk about working with Adam Elliot on internationally acclaimed feature Mary and Max and what it is like to run an animation studio in Melbourne.

When: 11 March
Where: Swan Hotel, 425 Church Street Richmond
Cost: $20/25 members/ non-members (includes finger food, drinks at bar prices)

Hope to see you all there for a relaxing and enjoyable networking session!