[vet-mm] exam requirements

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 21 16:35:04 EST 2010

Hi List,
I think that there are a number of teachers out there (including me) who are unsure how to structure their 3&4 IDM course because the competencies as always can be interpreted quite broadly. The important content issues of where to put the focus, what are the essential knowledge and skills that will allow our cohort of students to perform at their best in an exam situation and in some cases what software to deliver the competencies through.
The Prepare video assets competency do I use Final Cut, AfterEffects or one of the myriad of other software applications available?
I would have thought that VCAA should have published information prior to the commencement of the school year.

Personally I have started with competencies that are fairly predictable but still feel in the dark about the level of understanding expected.

Has not being able to make the PixelEd start up day put me at a huge disadvantage?
Were the teachers who attended privy to additional information about the course content?
If not I am surprised at the lack of chat about the course structure and the tardiness of VCAA to provide us concrete information.
Yours Frustratedly
Peter Fowler
Swinburne Senior Secondary College