[vet-mm] Sample SACs

crb rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 15 16:14:46 EST 2010

Dear List Members,

As you probably aware a draft of our sample SACs was accidentally sent to
the mailing list last night. Unfortunately, mistakes like this happen, and
in this case, is an indication of how hard the voluntary PixelEd committee
is working, on top of our fulltime teaching loads and other
responsibilities.

As this material has gone out electronically, it is now our intention to
give it freely to all list members.
We apologise to those who may have all ready placed an order for this
resource and we will not process any payments.

The writers of these tasks have been paid by PixelEd for the hours of work
they have put into this project. The fact that PixelEd will now not be
remunerated does mean we have less to put into developing additional
material to support IDM teachers, however we will continue to do our best
and will continue to seek your feedback on future needs.

We do respectfully request that:

1)    if  you use this material please fully acknowledge PixelEd as the
creator of the work. Even if you modify or adapt, please acknowledge that
the task is based on the PixelEd material. As teachers of IDM, we know that
you understand the principle of moral rights and will not try to pass work
off as your own. We would welcome your feedback on the samples we have put
together.

2)    as you use these resources (thus saving you much time and effort),
that you please make some attempt to share a resource or lesson idea with
the list.

By sharing our knowledge, we all become better teachers. If this was to
happen, we are all helped and enriched. By sharing resources and seeking
feedback from our peers, we are not only validating our work but also
supporting each other.

Please note that PixelEd does not make any guarantee regarding these sample
tasks, particularly given the changing AQF process.

Also as the samples that were distributed are still in draft form, we do ask
you to kindly comply with the request to delete this material, as we will
distribute it to the list upon completion of our proofing process.

Claire Bloom

on behalf of the PixelEd Committee