[vet-mm] ICT Week Update

Lisa Chadderton lisa at vitta.org.au
Wed Jul 29 14:19:01 EST 2009

Hello all (apologies for the x-posts),

ICT Week is now in full swing and we hope you’re all getting involved in some celebratory activities to recognise the week and the importance of ICT. Let us know about what’s going on in your classroom (even beyond ICT Week) and we’ll share your knowledge on the ICT Week website as a resource for schools P-12.

VITTA has been busy with ICT Week events including the National ICT Week Opening on Monday 27 July which showcased the extensive and rewarding study and career opportunities currently available in ICT for young people. VITTA President Adrian Janson joined Senator Stephen Conroy, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, the Australian Computer Society, the Victorian Government and the Australian Information Industry Association on the podium to talk about how important ICT is to the community and how Australians are achieving great successes in this field.

This week, we’ve also seen the first two days of Natcoll Short Multimedia Courses which have been enthusiastically received by attendees. There’s still two more days of sessions on Thursday and Friday covering a range of software including Flash, Photoshop, InDesign and GameMaker. Places are available in all sessions so go to www.vitta.org.au/ trainingevents to register.

VITTA is also looking forward to the ICT Industry Bus Tour tomorrow. For those of you who couldn’t come along, we’ve invited TeachMe TV to film the event which will be available as a lasting resource for your students on the VITTA website after the tour. Look out for this in the coming weeks.

Thursday will culminate in the PixelEd Meet the Industry Dinner which will give Multimedia and Interactive Digital Media teachers an opportunity to fulfil the VET training requirements to stay up to date on industry matters. The Dinner will be held at Enoteca Oggi 237 Lygon St, Carlton 3053, at 7:15pm. Bookings are essential so if you want to network, explore career options and talk to industry professionals throughout a lovely evening of fine food and entertainment, register online at http://www.vitta.org.au/ trainingevents/id/91/title/ PixelEd%20Meet%20the% 20Industry%20Dinner

Finally, we wanted to mention the ICT & Careers Expo and a special deal for one day only. Order any 2009 practice exam pack at the Expo (available in Year 11 IT, VCE ITA, VCE SD and VET IT) and receive $10.00 off the RRP. Order the BONUS BUY Pack (including SD, ITA and Year 11 IT) and receive $20.00 off the RRP. Take advantage of this exclusive offer by ordering at the VITTA table at the ICT & Careers Expo. The Expo is being held this Saturday 1 August at Melbourne High School, Forrest Hill (street name), South Yarra between 10am – 3pm. Download tickets today by going to www.ictweek.vitta.org.au

Hope to see you there!

Kind regards,
VITTA Office

_______