[vet-mm] Flash CS3 help

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 30 12:23:09 EST 2008

Hi Sylvia.

It takes a bit of getting used too and is a much more complicated coding language than AS2.
I have attached a file that links a button in frame one to the second frame which holds a Movieclip. The code is as follows with help_btn being the instance name of the button and gotoFrame the name of the function being called.

stop();

help_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP,gotoFrame);
function gotoFrame(event:MouseEvent):void{
	gotoAndStop(2);
}

I hope this helps solve your problem.
Yours Sincerely