[vet-mm] Scripting removed from new CertIIIInteractiveMediacourse ?

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 16 18:34:41 EST 2008

Paul,
I'm not sure which panel you are referring to?  It was not the VCAA
panel that decided to leave scripting out.
The industry peak body devised the new training package and qualifications.
Whether we like it or not, that's what our course must fit within.

Check out the IBSA website for more information -

> Innovation and Business Skills Australia (IBSA) is one of eleven
> Industry Skills Councils for the Vocational Education and Training
> (VET) system recognised and funded by the Australian Government. IBSA
> covers:
>
>    *
>       Business Services;
>    *
>       Cultural and Related Industries;
>    *
>       Education;
>    *
>       Financial Services;
>    *
>       Information and Communication Technologies; and
>    *
>       Printing and Graphic Arts.
>
> IBSA develops competency standards and qualifications for workforce
> skills development and training that are recognised throughout Australia.
>
> It’s our job to consult with industry and set the skill standards for
> the above industries – standards that help employers and their teams
> achieve peak performance.

I would be contacting IBSA if I wanted to find out more about the
rationale for not including scripting at Cert 3 level.

However, as discussed previously I think there is scope to include
scripting in a number of the new units, don't you think your students
can achieve the same or similar skill set?
Regards
Claire Bloom