[vet-mm] Scripting removed from new CertIIIInteractiveMediacourse ?

Rob Swain RSwain at gordontafe.edu.au
Thu Sep 11 13:20:12 EST 2008

I agree.
Scripting is part of the Cert4 and Diploma level -- this is the
appropriate AQTF level for it -- as borne out by industry
feedback/expectations. For this reason our institute will be offerring
scripting in both our Cert4 and Diploma courses.

Re course design:
For those who are sorry to see scripting go, there is no restriction to
covering it if you wish to, but I imagine you will probably need to do
this somewhere in unit 1/2. This could be done either as part of
'critical thinking', 'interactive content' or 'advanced features' or
maybe some extra-curricular offering.

>From the students perspective:
If a student is dead-keen on programming (games etc) and was hoping to
get this in VET IDM --- they would probably be selecting some IT
subjects like IPM where I understand scripting (concepts and practice)
is covered amply. (nb: not my teaching area but that is my
understanding)

Rob Swain
Interactive Digital Media

School of Art, Design & ICT | Gordon Institute of TAFE
E: rswain at gordontafe.edu.au <mailto:rswain at gordontafe.edu.au>  | P: (03)
5246 6041 | F: (03) 5225 0672
M: Private Bag 1, Geelong Mail Exchange, VIC 3221 Australia