[vet-mm] perspective & movement

Michelle Dennis mdennis at mentonegirls.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 14:14:07 EST 2008

Plagiarised from here <http://www.eslincanada.com/englishlesson10.html>
, but the simplest explanation that I could find:

Movement. A principle of design. Movement is the way in which the
elements of design are organized so that the viewer's eye is led through
the work of art in a systematic way.

http://www.corklike.com/dump/POD.pdf discusses some of that concept in
more detail.

Perspective. A principle of design. A technique for creating the
illusion of depth on a two-dimensional surface.

There are three types of perspective: - linear perspective, which
involves the use of parallel lines that appear to converge as their
distance from the viewer increases; - diminishing perspective, in which
objects appear to diminish in size as their distance from the viewer
increases; - atmospheric perspective, which is produced by the gradual
lessening of the intensity of colour and the reducing of detail as the
distance between an object and the viewer increases.

Again plagiarised from http://www.eslincanada.com/englishlesson10.html
but it does put it well!

Michelle Dennis