[vet-mm] Macromedia Director

Robert Ware rware at gotafe.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 09:54:14 EST 2008

Hello Katie,

We have been using Director since last century as our base scripting tool. However, as stated by Ana, it is becoming less flavoursome within the secondary system, as well as the tertiary system in some cases.

If I had to give my best professional guess as to why? ... I'd say that there are vastly more assets and support for Flash on the web, thus making it easier to set up a class, copy, paste, modify ...

I find Director a much easier application to deliver the broad underpinning knowledge for a media scripter. But hey, that's just me :)

Regards,

Rob