[vet-mm] Managing iMacs on a Windows Network

Chris Ellis ellis.christopher.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Oct 10 12:44:17 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

Having made the jump from Windows to a MacBook without looking back, I
now have 7 iMacs to setup for use by Media students.

Would anyone like to share strategies for managing iMacs in a Windows
environment?

I imagine I can use Apple Remote Desktop Admin for many tasks such as
software maintenance, but how do people go about working with Windows
user accounts? Manually creating accounts which mirror those on
Windows obviously allows access to shared network resources. But is it
possible to integrate mac user accounts with Windows accounts, through
LDAP for example?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks and cheers

Chris Ellis