[vet-mm] IDM Planning

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 25 09:39:21 EST 2008

Hi Katie,
I am going to use an idea from a cannon photographic competition.
Each student is given a box containing four inexpensive items, such as a balloon, cocktail umbrella, chalk, water pistol, ribbon, candy cane, party popper...ect. Stuff that you can pick up from a two dollar shop.
Students are asked to use at least one object in a photographic composition. Encouraging the students to explore the conceptual possibilities of a simple object.
For inspiration have a look at the winners of the photo5 competition.
http://www.canon.com.au/photo5/competition/default.aspx
I thought that this would be a nice intro to Produce and prepare photo images, as well as
Develop & extend critical & creative thinking skills.
I hope this is of some value.

Yours Sincerely
Peter Fowler
Swinburne Senior Secondary College