[vet-mm] peanut? and the corrupt files

Jeanean Pritchard jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 13 08:55:05 EST 2008

Ours were Win Pcs. Our technician said that the exam was delayed for
approximately 20 minutes because of the corrupt files.

It was very disruptive to our students who are mostly rural and had to
arrange for transport anyway considering the already late starting time
of the exam. He can't determine what happened, but he said that when he
re-loaded the files onto the machines they worked the second time.

Jeanean Pritchard
Multimedia/Arts
Highview Christian Community College
Maryborough Victoria
jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au

>>> "Russell, Chris" <crussell at bhssc.vic.edu.au> 12/11/2008 11:18 pm

   <SPAN STYLE="font:  10pt Arial; color: #000000"><br>Ref my previous
post - Multimedia Exam file corruption<br>Apols - peanuts!!! Its
Late<br><br>I deselected the manual proof reading section of the brain
this evening.<br><br>The general idea is communicated in my post
below.<br>A few people have discovered they had corrupt Multimedia exam
files this year.<br>We run Macs and had some problems. <br>Did anyone
have corrupt exam files on Win Pc's&nbsp; reported by their Tech
Support?<br>It seems VCAA should receive some feedback to help
Message-----<br>From: vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of
Russell, Chris<br>Sent: Wed 11/12/2008 10:49 PM<br>To: VET Multimedia
Teachers' Mailing List<br>Subject: RE: [vet-mm] peanut? and the corrupt
had corrupt files and the technician had to swap the students to spare
exam computers.<br>It was a little disruptive.<br>I was hoping the exam
supervisor would mention this on the report.<br>It appears the problem
may have extended beyond our college. I am now think is worth providing
information about the nature of the problem to VCAA.<br><br>Chris
Message-----<br>From: vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of
Jeanean Pritchard<br>Sent: Wed 11/12/2008 3:45 PM<br>To: 'VET Multimedia
corrupt files with the exam. I wasn't here but our technician
Pritchard<br>Arts/Media/Multimedia/Music<br>Highview
College<br>Maryborough Victoria<br>jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au
10/11/2008 9:42 am &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>Has anyone out there had any problems
Coordinator<br>Parkwood secondary College<br>North
and you remember; do and you understand.<br>Confucius <br>-----Original
Message-----<br>From:
vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au<br>[mailto:vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au]
VET Multimedia Teachers' Mailing List<br>Subject: Re: [vet-mm]
wrote:<br><br>&gt;MM exam 2008 start code
Message-----<br>&gt;From: vet-mm-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of
Stoney, Marian Sy<br>&gt;Sent: Fri 11/7/2008 4:03 PM<br>&gt;To:
vet-mm at edulists.com.au <br>&gt;Subject: [vet-mm] peanut?<br>&gt;
code<br>was<br>"peanut" or I would still be here trying to get it going.
In my opinion<br>it's<br>a good exam, not difficult, suits my students
well, but if I had a<br>group of<br>high-flyers I would be disappointed
that they couldn't strut their<br>stuff<br>better, especially with the
- This email and any attachments may be confidential.
If<br>received<br>in error, please contact us and delete all copies.
Before opening or<br>using<br>attachments check them for viruses and
defects. Regardless of any<br>loss,<br>damage or consequence, whether
caused by the negligence of the sender<br>or<br>not, resulting directly
or indirectly from the use of any attached<br>files our<br>liability is
limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any<br>representations
or opinions expressed are those of the individual<br>sender,<br>and not
necessarily those of the Department of Education and
href="http://www.edulists.com.au">http://www.edulists.com.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.edulists.com.au/">http://www.edulists.com.au/</A> ) -
FAQ,<br>resources, subscribe, unsubscribe<br>&gt;VET Multimedia Mailing
List kindly supported by<br>&gt;<A
href="http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html">http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html</A>
-<br>Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and<br>&gt;<A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au">http://www.pixeled.org.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au/">http://www.pixeled.org.au/</A> )&nbsp;
- PixelEd<br>Multimedia Teachers
href="http://www.edulists.com.au">http://www.edulists.com.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.edulists.com.au/">http://www.edulists.com.au/</A> ) -
FAQ,<br>resources, subscribe, unsubscribe<br>VET Multimedia Mailing List
kindly supported by<br><A
href="http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html">http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html</A>
-<br>Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and<br><A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au">http://www.pixeled.org.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au/">http://www.pixeled.org.au/</A> )&nbsp;
- PixelEd<br>Multimedia Teachers
href="http://www.edulists.com.au">http://www.edulists.com.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.edulists.com.au/">http://www.edulists.com.au/</A> ) -
FAQ,<br>resources, subscribe, unsubscribe<br>VET Multimedia Mailing List
kindly supported by<br><A
href="http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html">http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/multimedia/multimedia.html</A>
-<br>Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and<br><A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au">http://www.pixeled.org.au</A> ( <A
href="http://www.pixeled.org.au/">http://www.pixeled.org.au/</A> )&nbsp;
- PixelEd<br>Multimedia Teachers
Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure that material<br>contained
in this email is free from computer viruses or other defects,<br>the
attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis
that<br>the user assumes all responsibility for use of the material
transmitted.<br>This email is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity<br>named above and may contain information that is
confidential and<br>privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any<br>dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email is strictly<br>prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please notify us<br>immediately by return email or telephone +61
3 5461 1833 and destroy the<br>original message.

Disclaimer: Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure that material