[vet-mm] Unit 1/2 MM

EDWARDS. John edwajoh1 at lavalla.sale.catholic.edu.au
Wed Nov 5 13:23:54 EST 2008

Hey Guys,

I know that you are all probably concentrating on the exam on Friday but I have just put together what I was thinking of teaching for Unit 1/2 MM in 2009. I would love some comments especially if I have made a major gaff.

Term 1
Particpate in OH&S Processes
Produce drawings to represent & communicate the concept

* Introduce some animation theory
* Review OH&S - Intro to PhotoShop - Creation of an OH&S Poster (got from this year's PD)
* Students follow a design process - create a storyboard (fulfill module criteria) then concentrate on creating an animation with Flash

Term 2
Maintain Interactive Content

* Introduce some webpage theory and some copy/content theory
* Teach some CSS, HTML and importing of Flash into a webpage
* Website design skills using Dreamweaver
* We have a competition called GippsWeb whereby students are grouped with a local organisation and they need to create a website for them

Term 3
Prepare audio assets

* Teach audio and video theory
* Use Audacity
* May need to incorporate video in preparation for CUFDIG301A next year)
* Set up some teachers with microphones and digital recorders to record their lessons - students edit the recording and add introductions etc - create a website when audio is uploaded as podcasts for use by Year 12 students. Perhaps video some lessons and follow the same procedure as the audio.

Term 4
Produce and prepare photo images

* Explore photoshop, scanning and image creation/manipulation
* Not sure of a project yet
* Cover a lot of the VCD theory

There are three remaining modules: Follow a design process, Develop & extend critical & creative thinking skills and Work effectively in the screen and media industries. Each of these modules I thought could be incorporated in all work throughout the year, as opposed to setting a particular time period to complete them.

Any thoughts on this structure or any errors would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

John Edwards
Lavalla Catholic College

The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy and copies.