[vet-mm] New TP

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Mon Jun 30 21:52:30 EST 2008

In partnership with an RTO, any units can be delivered by a school as part
of training, however, if they are different from the ones determined by
VCAA, then students may not get the proper credit for it. For example, if
you deliver a course that has different units on it, students will only get
block credit recognition for it - for every 100 nominal hours, students will
get one unit of VCE. This is fine for VCE completion, but my understanding
is that students will not be able to complete the exam and hence get an
ENTER contribution for it.

Also, my understanding is that if the old package is no longer accredited,
it cannot be delivered. It therefore depends on when the accreditation runs
out as to whether it can be delivered next year or not.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO

Australian Institute of Education and Training

P.O. Box 171

Brunswick West 3055

Ph: (03) 9387 2051

FAX: (03) 9387 3470