[vet-mm] Dual Boot Macs

Tim Kitchen tkitchen at strathcona.vic.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 16:21:45 EST 2008

We now have about 90 iMacs dual booted with Vista & OSX, gives us the
best of both worlds.

We are hoping to replace all our PCs with dual booted intel iMacs in
the near future

No major network issues.

We tend to use Vista for all the usual word, ppt, excel & student
account stuff and OSX for the multimedia stuff like video editing with
Final Cut, Music production with Garage Band & Cubase (very very cool).

The "real world" out there uses both platforms so why not teach with
both platforms.

More and more pressure on us to replace the staff PC laptops with dual
boot MacBooks.

Tim Kitchen
Strathcona BGGS

On 16/06/2008, at 4:03 PM, Tinkler, Jacquie J wrote:

> Hi List members, this is not strictly a MM question, but I am
> guessing a few of you may have Macs…
>
> I have an ancient IBM Thinkpad (as some of you will I guess) and was
> wondering how those of you with Macs went with the Mac/Windows Dual
> boot and/or Emulator are going. I would love a Mac, but we are
> primarily a PC school, although I am working on getting Mac in out
> Art/design dept as the kids will end up using them in industry later.
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jacquie Tinkler
> Wangaratta High School

> opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
> Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
> negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly
> from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to
> resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or
> opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not
> necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
> Development.

> http://www.pixeled.org.au - PixelEd Multimedia Teachers Association

Dr Tim Kitchen
Head of Learning Technologies