[vet-mm] exam statistics

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 28 19:17:19 EST 2008

Hi Andrew,
I found the same thing with the report that shows what happened to my SAC marks after statistical moderation. My VASS person is investigating to try and find out why there is a class of 31, when I had only 19 students. As you say, perhaps they have put me in with another class via my RTO? I have no idea.If so, it does make the stat meaningless.

However, I think the stats on how your kids went on each exam question compared to the state average are really useful.
Have most people been given these by their VASS person?
Cheers
Claire :-)

> Andrew Shortell <a.shortell at braemar.vic.edu.au> wrote:

Hi All ( & Claire)

The GAT is often used in moderating the SAT results

I noticed that on the printout that I was part of a class of 256
students - we are not our own RTO  and this might have affected how my
students were statistically moderated.

I need to follow up on that and find out because if my class is in fact
part of a larger group, I had NO input into how the other SATs in the
group were marked so how do I know whether they marked in the same way
as I did? Did I disadvantage my students?

Andrew Shortell
Braemar College

Note:  This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not
the intended recipient. Braemar College and any of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of any such entity.