[vet-mm] resources

Jeanean Pritchard jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 2 13:45:37 EST 2008

Thanks so much Peter. Your information has been extremely helpful!

Jeanean Pritchard
Multimedia/Arts
Highview Christian Community College
Maryborough Victoria
jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au

>>> <peterfowler at optusnet.com.au> 2/12/2008 11:37 am >>>
Hi Jeanean,
We have only recently upgraded to CS4, there are a number of improved
features in the new suite but the programs are substantially the same
with the exception of Flash. The Natcol books for CS3 will still give
you a solid grounding in the software usability. The Actionscript 3 book
will still be valid as the code hasn't been altered. The changes in
Dreamweaver are minor but improves the functionality such as Live view
which allows you to preview the webpage in Dreamweaver without going to
a browser. DW also now allows for better compatibility with Photoshop.
Photoshop and Illustrator have been improved with a small number of
important new capabilities such as 3D in Photoshop. But Flash has had
some major changes to the way you animate symbols and their properties.
So to summarise I would avoid buying the Flash CS3 book and perhaps
hold off on Photoshop as I am sure there will be a revised edition out
soon but the rest should be fine.
Your students will love what they have done to Flash once they get used
to the changes.
Good luck and I hope that this helps with the decision of what books to
buy.

Yours Sincerely
Peter Fowler
Swinburne Senior Secondary College