[vet-mm] Design Awareness Resource

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 11 17:53:13 EST 2008

Hi MM teachers,
Paula Christophersen posted this message to the IT lists, (apologies if you have all ready seen it) and I thought it worth passing onto MM teachers.
I had this DVD (just the design awareness section) put on our school network for the VET MM kids to use when researching design elements and principles.
The elements and principles are not identical to the ones we cover and the examples used are not all relevant to MM, but it is certainly a helpful starting point. Now that it's on-line, people won't have to search their school looking for the DVD!

Interested to hear if others find it useful?

Cheers
Claire Bloom
Warrandyte High
Dear colleagues

Over the past couple of years I have made reference on several occasions
to the VCAA-developed resource called 'Design awareness in schools'
(DAIS). It was originally published on the DVD titled 'Student learning
2006', which contained the validated VELS and other DEECD resources.
Unfortunately the DAIS resource was overlooked by many teachers, and in
fact many schools have disposed of the DVD because of its date. Anyhow,
I'm pleased to announce that a version is now available on the VELS
website at:

http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/support/dais/index.html

In this format it is a little clunky as it appears as a discrete set of
downloads, and within some of these files the links are not as efficient
as they are on the DVD. However, if you have not seen or used the
resource before I urge you to check it out - not only are there some
create sections on design principles and elements but there is a
separate section on ICT and design. This is a very accessible resource
for all teachers, not just ICT, particularly as ICT is embedded in other
areas of learning.

Regards

Paula

Paula Christophersen