[vet-mm] Fwd: Game development industry information day

Donna Benjamin donna at vitta.org.au
Tue Oct 16 23:02:37 EST 2007

Hello Susan

We will be holding an industry information day in Melbourne on 28 November
that we believe may be of interest to teachers in your PixelEd network who
have school leavers interested in a career in game development.

According to Tom Crago, President of the Game Developers' Association of
Australia: 'The game development industry in Australia has doubled in the
past five years and is set to double again in the next five' and, as a
result, there is a strong demand for industry-ready 3D animators and C++
programmers from Melbourne's 18 game development studios.

Details about this information day, together with some further recent facts,
figures and research about the interactive entertainment industry follows:

Information Day for Year 12 School Leavers
Wednesday 28 November
Two sessions:
10am to 12 Noon: Games++ (programming/software development for games)

1.30 to 4.30pm: Games+Screen (3D animation/art for games and TV/film)

Each session will cover:
 entry requirements
 course content
 the Australian game development industry
 career options and pathways

Cost: Free
Location: Australian Games Innovation Centre, Melbourne

For further information and booking details please go to:
http://www.aie.edu.au/melbourne/info_day_year12.php

Did you also know?

In the 2006 financial year, sales of computer and video game hardware and
software exceeded $1 billion.

Approximately 12.5 million video and computer games are purchased each year.

In the first six months of 2007, the total market for interactive
entertainment hardware and software grew by 30%.

Australia has 40 game development firms and has produced more than 200 game
titles.

Australia earns $100 million in export revenue from games each year.

 The Australian interactive entertainment industry employs approximately
5,000 people.

For more facts about Australia's Interactive Entertainment industry and the
latest research from Bond University see  <http://www.ieaa.com.au/>
www.ieaa.com.au

I can also arrange for presentations by game industry professionals in
schools.

Thank you for passing this on.
Kind regards,

Irena White