[vet-mm] Schools seeking trainees/technicians for 2008 -- LAST CALL

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 9 09:58:32 EST 2007

Hi folks,

    Please take a minute to read the request for both prospective students seeking an IT traineeship and schools considering a trainee in 2008.

I know schools may not be considering their IT staffing needs for 2008 until present staff announce their departure or they did not have enough IT  support in 2007. A bit like out of sight out of mind.

BUT

  for employers planning has to be slightly more advanced in order to map out courses and appropriate preparation for prospective trainees.

In a nutshell Paragon - a large IT services company based in south east Melbourne -- are offering traineeships to students and immediate employment in the IT Industry and/or in schools as IT technicians on around $20,000 per year and ongoing study in Certificate IV and Cisco CCNA.

I had asked for expressions of interest and passed these on to Paragon. There were a large number of students who expressed interest in the program. Many more than there were places available.

Now, the hard part.

It seems Paragon will not be able to place all these students. In order to try to place as many as possible - preferably all of them - Paragon has asked if I can announce on edulists if there are schools that might be interested in taking on any of these excess trainees. They would be expected to perform as a routine technician with weekly or fortnightly reviews by the Paragon people in charge. Paragon are happy to consider schools and trainees from anywhere in the state.

As this is the last call, the closing date for any expressions of interest will be around 14 November next week after which the axe will fall on many bright prospective students, just like yours and mine who would dearly love a chance to get into the IT industry.

 If you are in a position to consider taking on a trainee or would like more information please contact me directly either on this email or kevork at edulists.com.au.

Disclaimer :  I don't work for Paragon, don't have shares in Paragon. My school has bought  Paragon hardware at market rates.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au