[vet-mm] Employment available for 12 school leavers in the ICT industry for 2008

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 31 15:38:30 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

 Sorry about the cross posts.

I have been a VET IT teacher for over 10 years and for the first time 2 years ago, watched the transition between school and work for two of my students.
Let me explain how that happened.

Paragon is a successful multi million dollar ICT services company based in Oakleigh Melbourne with over 250 employees.  In 2005 they offered traineeships to students to ease the school to work transition many find so hard. The offer was 12 months as a trainee where the company would place them in a full time job with supervision, earning around $20,000 AND provide further training to achieve a Cert IV qualification as well as Cisco CCNA and more all in the 12 months.

Two of my students have progressed from Yr 12 , VET IT Cert III to a trainee and now have a $30,000 a year job at age 20. A bright, capable network engineer with the same company can earn three times that amount by his or her mid 20s if not more.

The good news is that Paragon wish to expand their program for next year and look like hiring up to 20 more trainees.

If any of your students are interested in pursuing this line of post school employment/training opportunity please email me directly at
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au so that I may pass on the appropriate information to the interested students/teachers/parents.

With thanks

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College