[vet-mm] Examiners Report 06

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 12 15:02:40 EST 2007

Thanks to Claire for notifying of examiner's report. It makes very interesting reading, especially the section on the animation task. It's very specific as to what had to be done, which will be very useful when doing revision.
I have been having a look at exams going back to 2000, with a view to quantifying what sort of questions were asked how often. While keeping in mind that the new course only came in in 2004, I attempted to match each theory question to one of the five current units, and to grade them as what I think would be basic, medium or difficult. My criteria were that:  Basic questions don't require any problem solving, just definitions or rote type answers, Medium requires a degree of analysis, Difficult required mostly analysis. I have put it into an Excel spreadsheet, and have sent it to Stuart to put on the members section of the PixelEd site for those members interested. It could be useful as an exam revision resource, as I have sorted it by year, unit, topic etc.