[vet-mm] Moodle Database Module in Multi-Media

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:53:01 EST 2007

I havnt had a security problem with Moodle, neither does EdNA, Open
University or probably the other thousands of other sites that correctly
deploy and update it. As even famous, commercial packages that come in
shrink-wrap have security issues, this is probably one of those fluffy
excuses to distract well meaning educators who start poking around beyond
their cutting edge.

Whilst working outside the box with disruptive technology like Web2
horrifies some IT managers, saving money with FOSS then putting this back
into a school sounds like a great outcome and win for all. If it isnt
blocked, download the MP4 at home then show him this splendid multimedia
video production "The Machine is Us/ing Us"
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

Interesting gripe Paul, I guess if he knows something we don't then he
should probably pass it onto the active Moodle community. ;-)

Kevork has a splendid Moodle list that is worth joining or browsing online .

The OpenSource list members have organised a meeting at my school on March
21st - the Equinox and Harmony Day. Drop me a line if anybody might be
interested and would like more details or jump onto the OpenSource list.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au