[vet-mm] Re: Actionscript

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 28 15:41:24 EST 2007

Hi All,
I was just wondering what if anything we as users of Flash are going to do about the teaching of Develop a multimedia script in 2008. Do we teach actionscript3 that is native to CS3 or do we maintain the status quo and teach actionscript2. If we introduce our students the new actionscript will the changes be reflected in the exam at the end of 2008?
The changes in the syntax seem quite substantial and require some time to rethink the way structure the code.
It would be nice to get some consensus on what is the optimum timeline to change over to actionscript3.
I was contemplating introducing it to the Cert II class next year, but I would be interested in what other people think.
If we intend to embrace actionscript3 can we look at getting some PD to help with the transition?
Yours Sincerely
Peter Fowler
Swinburne Senior Secondary College