[vet-mm] 3d drawing package

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 16 12:17:36 EST 2006

Hi list,
A nice non-controversial question (though I must say the current discussion=
 is fascinating!) - seeing that there are so many design people out there, d=
oes any one know of a simple 3D technical drawing program suited to Year 9 s=
tudents? We will be having a look at Sketch-up, but I would love to hear abo=
ut others that people have had success with. We need one that allows student=
s to do object (eg furniture) and architectural design as orthogonal drawing=
s then view (and manipulate?) the result in 3D. It needs to include the rele=
vant symbols and line styles etc. Any suggestions appreciated,
Thanks,
Marian

Important -=0A=
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, pl=
ease contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments c=
heck them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequ=
ence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting direc=
tly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limite=
d to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions e=
xpressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of th=
e Department of Education & Training.