[vet-mm] hello out there?

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Tue May 23 10:01:10 EST 2006

Hi Katie,
Yes you have th option of doing the audio or video unit in Cert 2.
The nominal hours are just that - nominal. It would be near impossible for any school to give the kids the nominal hours anyway.

Yes the difference between the design elements and principles they learn in Vis Comm and MM can be confusing, but at least we now have a basic list to work from. This does not preclude you from covering other elements and principles.

• knowledge of and ability to apply the principles of visual design and communication including: scale, proportion, unity, balance, emphasis, perspective, movement
• understanding of appropriate use of design elements in the design of a multimedia product including: line, colour, texture, form, shape, tone
Claire :-)