[vet-mm] flash problem

Jeanean Pritchard jpritchard at highview.vic.edu.au
Mon Jun 5 11:17:08 EST 2006

All of our kids save across the network, and it rarely is a problem. I am fairly technically ignorant so I don't have anything much to add to this conversation. Sorry.

>>> rcmhome at optusnet.com.au 06/03/06 05:44pm >>>
Glenn,

Our kids too have to copy work to the teacher drop boxes, can't save to
them, but the Flash problem doesn't seem to relate to rights and
permissions
as it happens to my techie and I too. We have top level access to
everything.

Looking at it another way, do other schools using Flash MX or 8, have
students save across the network, or does everyone else expect kids to
save to the local hard drive or USB memory key?

Slow problem was with Katie's Macs. However, we did investigate whether
network traffic might be causing our problem, but once again it has
happened after hours when noone is on the network and no scheduled
events such as back ups or downloads etc are occuring. As I said, it is
driving me nuts because even if it can't be fixed, I want to know what
causes it and why only Flash and why so randomly??

Claire :-)