[vet-mm] flash problem

Jane Fischer jane.fischer at rmit.edu.au
Mon Jun 5 09:05:49 EST 2006

I have experience similar problems with older versions of Illustrator on
PC's.
It turned out that the novel Network was interfering with the programs
ability to make Temp files, (at least that's what I was told).

it might be worth looking into having no network, saving to the hard
drive and then logging in to the network to back up the work.
although it was also re-naming files as well.

cheers

Jane Fischer
Education Programs Teacher

lab.3000 - leading by design
Level 3, 256 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
Phone: +61 (0)3 9654 6970
Mobile:  +61 (0)412 649 993

www.lab.3000.com.au

Subscribe to lab.3000's monthly e-newsletter
www.lab.3000.com.au/subscribe

>>> gedrew at westnet.com.au 3/06/2006 5:11 pm >>>

Hi Claire, not sure if this is relevant to your problem. It could be a

network-setting-priviliges thing. Have you spoken to your technicians?
At our school, when you save a file from within an application to
another
network location (Windows network and operating system), you get a file
name
but 0kb file size.. Students can save into their own u:\ drive location
no
problem, but to submit work for assessment to our 'Student Assessment'

folder which is on a dedicated network drive, they have to copy the
file
using windows explorer - helps with file management skills too! The
slow
problem is most likely some other network activity or something in the

students actionscript, as Paul suggested.

Glenn Drew