[vet-mm] Creating a CSS Based Website - The Journey

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 9 20:27:02 EST 2006

Hi all.
I have published a five page story of the making of the 3in6-2006
website based on css and html.
It can be downloaded from:
http://3in6.openlab.net.au/resources/2006/W01-Developing-a-CSS-and-HTML-Based-Website.doc

Why write it?
It took me three years to pluck up enough courage to break new ground
(new to me that is) and try to use css.
Two teachers finally gave me the push - Brett Davies who has created
some wonderful css sites in Victoria was most encouraging and a fund of
excellent practical advice, and Des Hardy who presented an outstanding
session at the 2005 VITTA Conference called "Web Standards".
After Brett and Des I felt that my excuses were groundless, but still I
had to actually do it. Perhaps this short story will give others the
inspiration to try css for themselves too. That is why I have written
and published it.

All the best for an exciting and satisfying 2006.

Regards, Keith
Keith Richardson
IPM List Moderator
Head of ICT, Leibler Yavneh College